My brain is idling too fast because due to state budget cuts my library is not open on Sunday and they have numerous books by Wendell Berry in there. I want to break in and get one! I'll have to wait 'til Monday when I plan to check out one of his novels. I want to read the essays, too.
I'll keep you posted, but I strongly suggest that we read something by Wendell Berry as a future book selection. Bea spoke at the class this morning and made an important point about not politicizing the subject.
P. S. How can we get a conversation going on this blog? Any suggestions?
Marianne

I am sorry I missed this class- I am going to ask Cora if Dan can repeat it next year...
ReplyDeleteMarianne, let us know what you think of the novels, essays ... and if it would be good reading for the book club.
I have a suggestion that each of us get a book idea and post it on the blog in the next few weeks before our meeting on May 4...
Look for pictures from our last meeting in the next couple days!
Christine